Service Engine warning. E-350 7.3 Diesel

Hi There. The service engine warning lit up on my econoline e-350 7.3 diesel. The van did not stall, but i was not able to accelerate at all. I could push the gas pedal to the floor and nothing. The van would run in idol, so fuel was getting through. By the time i arrived at the garage the warning light had turned off and the van was running fine. A week later it happened again this time the garage determined that it was the "Throttle Position Sensor." And replacing it resolved the problem right away. A week later it hapened again, but by the time it got towed to the garage (about 24 hours later due to storm) the problem again was gone. Any ideas?

Reply to
j smith

Low oil level will cause that too.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
Agave

Codes are stored for many starts. Find somebody who knows what they are doing to go get the stored codes.

Reply to
Chris Hill

To elaborate on what the fella said about low oil level. The reason for this is because your engine uses high pressure oil from the crankcase to acuate the injectors in the engine. I would do a couple of things.

  1. Change your oil and filter....
  2. Add anti-gelling additive to your tank...
  3. Change your fuel filter......
  4. If not installed, install a block heater.. the older the vehicle the more invaluable this will become. IF one is already installed, VERIFY that it is still working. IE check the temp of the engine first thing in the morning, should be lukewarm to the touch.

Hopefully all your problems will go away.

Reply to
pkurtz2