Car troubles please help...

My '95 mustang has a jerky acceleration when it warms up and car shakes when I'm sitting at red light. When I start the car it runs ok but it gets worse when the car warms up. I replaced spark plugs, put in injector cleaner into gas but that didn't help. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
turbolover

What engine? Have the codes read out. Is the Engine lite on?

Fuel filter, plug wires, dist cap, rotor

Clean the MAF.

What is it idling at in RPM?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have a similiar problem with the idling on one of my fox bodies. Yet it's only when the motor is cold. I believe the compensation system linked with a fault air conditioning unit might be the case.

As backyard suggested, get a code readout/printout. It could be a simple vacuum leak.

Holly

Reply to
Hollywood

Everyone should know what normal idle RPM is... and when something is amiss, make note of the tach.

typical when warm:

5.0 - 650 3.8 - 750/800 2.3 - 900/950

A vacuum leak will cause roughness and HIGHER rpm. A bad IAC valve, usually LOWER RPM

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic