stalling

F150 302 stalls whenever I start it. I use a stick to keep it idling.

It stalls when I go from park to reverse, or change any gear, or go around a sharp corner.

Changed the plugs, the rotor and cap, and muffler.

What do I try next?

Reply to
meinmntn
1992 truck

also changed air and fuel filters

Reply to
meinmntn

replace ALL fuel filters...???

Reply to
j.b. miller

Vacuum leak?Maybe brake booster leaking? Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

Change the muffler again. <g>

Reply to
Tyrone

Maybe muffler was installed backwards and it's filling the engine with exhaust. Take muffler loose, carefully lower to ground, turn truck around and reinstall muffler.

Reply to
bomar

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:04:18 -0500, meinmntn rearranged some electrons to form:

You should check the length of the stick. Different years used different sticks.

<g>
Reply to
David M

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:04:18 -0500, meinmntn rearranged some electrons to form:

How about reporting what codes have been set? Autozone will scan it for you for free.

Reply to
David M

Low oil pressure? I had this in my 86 Bronco 302. 1 foot on the brake, and 1 foot on the gas as the song goes. I have heard of several people that had the same problem with their 302's. Thing died on me with low compression finally. Keep heavy weight oil like 10w 40 in it.

Reply to
Mike

how about the air idle control motor?

Reply to