Stalling

I own a 2000 F250 SD w/7.3 Diesel. I am having a problem with my truck stalling when stopping a lights and when stopped at lights. It also seem to become worse when it rains. I recieved some information from someone else and he said that it might be my Cam Position Sensor or I am getting moisture in one of the sensor conections. Has anyone else had this problem and would there be a solution.

Reply to
Sweet34

Replace the Cam Position Sensor. Keep a spare in the toolbox.

Reply to
GW Bush

Well, start by looking on the upper passenger's side of the engine pulley, you'll find the cam position sensor there. Try unplugging and replugging it; sometimes this does make a difference. If that doesn't help, you may want to try a new cps; if that doesn't help then it is time to take it to somebody with a scanner and some experience.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Do these sensors go out quite often?

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Sweet34

I will try it. I hope it does work, I don't know how much taking a diesel in to a shop costs these days but I want to try to avoid it.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Sweet34

Yep. They can also go out quite suddenly. With 94k on mine, I'm on my second. I carry another in the glove box in case this one fails.

Reply to
Chris Hill

WOW, I went and purchased one today from the Ford Dealer and Holy Cow that thing cost me $200.00 Bucks. Is there anywhere else that I can get these a little cheaper? I talked to the parts guy and he said that they sell a lot of them and it is an important part.

Reply to
Sweet34

Buy it from your local International truck dealer. Even from the Ford dealer, I think my last one was around $70.00. Did the salesman have a large jar on the counter with a label that said Vaseline? I think you were greased.

Reply to
GW Bush

$141.03+ shipping at

Hairy

I bought a CPS this past summer at the International dealer in Winchester, VA. cost about $80. I think that's about average around here.

Reply to
websurfer