Switch or Fan Blower?

My air conditioner works fine, but only on high (lots of air). Doesn't seem to blow at all on lower speeds. As I don't know how these things are wired, which should I replace, the fan switch or blower motor?

Thanks for any input.

MM^^

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Fan resistor. Has three or four 4 wires on it, mounted in the duct coming off the heater box. You could have given us the year of the truck:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Sorry! It's a 94 F250. You say it's IN the duct? This means access from inside the cab? Any idea where to begin the disassembly?

And THANKS!

MM^^

Reply to
invalid unparseable

OK, found it. For future reference, it's located in the engine compartment attached to the evaparator (square box next to blower). The easy way to get to it, is to unbolt the vacuum cannister (big bulb thing with vacuum lines atached) under the wheel well. 3 bolts, easy to get to. After that, simply unscrew 2 wheet metal screws and remove the unit. Hardest part was to unlug the harness. (use 2 screwdrivers to pry open the keepers). It's important to take the part to Ford (Auto Zone etc doesn't stock it), because there is more than one available. HTH somebody else.....

MM^^<=====$38.98

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Make sure the blower spins freely and doesn't drag

The resistors usually burn out because of the high amps the blower is pulling

Reply to
JohanB

Thanks, but how do I check it? It seems to run ok..........

MM^^

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Pull it out, make sure there aren't any leaves or other junk in there that it sucks off the floor in recirc mode

some models love to suck up tissues :-)

also , when you have it out , check the bearings

Reply to
JohanB