tail light stuck

When the wife came home after I had parked the truck, she said the passenger side taillight was on. I went out to look at it, sho nuf, it was the only one on. I took the tailight assy. off and wiggled a wire to the socket that was stuck on, and it went off. Put the assy back in then tried the lights, on, off, on,off, ect. Seems to be fine now. What would cause a light to stick on like that? Thanks. It's an 03 Ranger if that makes a difference.

Reply to
Paul O.

Maybe your brake switch on the pedal was stuck and you bumping the truck while working was enough to correct it temporarily. This theory would also require that the opposite side bulb was burned out or you would have noticed both lights on. Does the other side work or is it burned out?

Reply to
Al Bundy

The light that was stuck was the top light, the tail light. Other one, right side worked fine. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

Oops, my error. brake and tail light on the same bulb. What was I thinkin. Anyway all work ok now. Just that one stuck for some reason.

Reply to
Paul O.