Thoughts on spray in bedliners

Any body have any particular favorite brand or thoughts on the subject?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Michelle P

Fugley

Reply to
Scott

Got a Line-X a couple years back. This stuff is friggin' indestructible. I always have crap bouncing around in the bed and "gently loading" is not a way of life for me. I've literally thrown in scrap metal, cinder blocks, yards of crushed rock and sand, firewood, yard equipment etc and not a single chip/tear/crack/abrasion..

A couple times a year I scrube the bed out with a stiff brush and some soap and the liner looks new again. I considered a Rhino-liner, but the appearance of the Line-X is (IMO) much better.

Well worth the $400 it cost to have it put on. The guys that did mine did a NICE job. Took out all the bed bolts and tie downs, coated it then put 'em back in.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Just got a Line-X about a month ago based largely on what I've read here.

Reply to
scrape

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:50:17 GMT, Michelle P wrote something wonderfully witty:

I'm sure you can Michelle, I'm sure you can.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I've had a Rhino liner for about a year now. I use my truck in a grading business, other than it fading from shiny black to flat black, it hasn't failed to protect the bed. Cost was around 400 bucks, they took off all the hardware and then reattached after spraying. I'm completely happy with it.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
lmnop

I have had a Line-X for 18 months now. I really like it. As far as the Line-X vs Rhino wars, my advice is to look at local installations of both, and chose the brand based on how well the installer does his job. Both are good products that can only be made worse by a bad installation. Locally, I selected Line-X because the installer made every job look like a factory job. He does a very good job. He also owns his business. At that time Rhino was being installed by a large local truck supply place. His installers must have been minimum wagers just waiting for a better job. The Rhino installations that I saw were awful: thick places, wavy walls, sag places, etc. Also, I did not see a single Rhino installation in which the drain holes in the bed were still open. The Line-X people were careful to make sure the bed can still drain.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

I wouldn't have accepted the truck from the dealer.

Jerry p

Reply to
Jerry P

I have Line-X in the bed of my 2004 F-150 4x4 and I would never see a reason to change to anything else.

Reply to
Mark Jones

There's drain holes in the bed? I thought they were rust holes. Phew!

Reply to
Mark C.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:06:46 GMT, "Jerry P" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Me either.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:24:40 -0500, "Charles Perry" wrote something wonderfully witty:

As far as this query is running, Line-X is way ahead. The local place that does is called Combat Coatings and they do a shit load of work for all the navy installations here in the Norfolk area. There isn't a close Rhino installer.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Reply to
lmnop

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:04:36 -0800, "lmnop" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well I can stop a check, not pay a loan, and definitely talk to a service manager and a GM at both locations. I sincerely hope you got some level of response & satisfaction.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Reply to
TopPoster

Reply to
lmnop

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:27:11 -0800, "lmnop" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Not a lot of advantages to living in a small town, but that is one of them.

Reply to
ZombyWoof