Thoughts, suggestions appreceated

Hi Folks, The 390 in my '71 f-100 LB blew a head gasket and I though it's time for a rebuild anyway. It's a decent shape, parts hauler I'm fixing up to use as a daily driver. This time I plan on getting forged pistons. Installing an Edlebrock performer cam to compliment my performer intake and

500 cfm carb. I'm also going to upgrade the exhaust to 2 1/4" dual with three chamber Flowmasters. It's already using a Pertronix electronic ignition and coil. What do you recommend I do also?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Also, I'm changing the 9" rear gear ratio from 3.25:1 to a more gas friendly

3.00:1 or higher.

Reply to
Mark

Go here...

That is all...

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha

"Mark" wrote in news:wXFwd.205662$5K2.61779@attbi_s03:

thats a mistake on a pkup, it won`t get you any better milage unless you are running 70 mph or above a lot. it is pushing too hard for that high a ratio in a heavy, air challenged shape. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff