Trailer Question - '95 Bronco

'96 was the last year for the full size Broncos.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Mine is definitely a 6-pin. Five on the outside and one in the middle. I bought a 6 to 4 converter that gives me a flat-4 for my trailer lights. I was hoping that I could get a brake controller and find wires under the dash to plug it into. (I was REALLY hoping that the brake controller was somehow integrated into the vehicle already, my first choice being from the factory ... )

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Well, I was hoping there was a controller hiding somewhere, but I'll take the wire harness if that's all I get. If there was a controller, I'd expect to find the Adjuster Lever but there isn't one in any of the obvious places, or any of the less than obvious places.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Interesting. I never knew that there was a 6-pin.

: > I believe that it is known as a '7-pin' connector including the center : > pin. The outside 6 are of the 'blade' type. : >

: >

: >

:
Reply to
Mellowed

I've seen 6 pins used on small campers, like pop ups, used to keep the camper's battery charged when towing. Last two Coleman campers I had were set up for a six pin for that reason. Not sure if the truck in questions was wired that way though.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

You don't, really, any more. Rare and getting more so

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Em... maybe not, your rig is too short and light. I've had a friend and a neighbor try it (all real Bronco's) neither lasted. One bought an Expedition, the other an F250. For some more real world experience see

Bottom line, I wouldn't

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg