Installing standard trailer / boat railer hitch connector

Anyone have instructions or a website to install regular 4 conductor trailer connector to a 92 4.0 YJ Wrangler? I already have a reciever hitch, but no connector getting my lights on for my small bass boat trailer. Basically I need the color codes and where it is best to splice into. I could cut and probe to find how to splice in but I would rather do it the correct way the first time. thanks

Reply to
josh00

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The connector should have the directions in it.

FROM MEMORY Red = running lights Brn = left turn/brake Yel = right turn/brake Wht = ground

Having said all of that, I think there is a flat 4-pin connector hiding up inside the fender that you can plug an extension cord in to and bring the connector out to the hitch.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Sorry, my memory is not what is used to be.

The colors are WHT, BRN, YEL, & GRN. There is no Red.

BRN = running lughts WHT = ground YEL = Left turn GRN = Right turn

The Turn Signals and the Brake Lights are the same wire for the respective sides.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland