Transmission Leak Question?

I have a F-150 with a leak on the right side,there's a thing called a servo I believe thats what it may be called.My question is can I take this off to replace the gasket(seal) without messing up something that will knock anything out of wack?The trany is a C-6.Thanks for any help and sugggestions.Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

Patrick Gilmore

the only things to leak on the right side are servo cover, cooler lines, and modulator

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Thanks for the reply,it's leaking on the right side,seems to mostly when it's siting on this hill side.Could also be the dipstick maybe?Anyway I'll get to it when it quits raining.Thanks Again!Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

You can't pull that servo out to reseal it without dropping the band strut inside. You'll have to pull the pan, drop the valve body, THEN pull the servo out. Doing it this way will allow you to see what I'm talking about, and you'll be able to put it back to gether without a problem.

Reply to
Steve Barker

If it leaks whilst shut off, it's probably not the servo. Dip stick tube is a possibility like you suspected. Best to wash it down real good with some brake cleaner and observe.

Reply to
Steve Barker

shit

forgot the DS tube

Reply to
TranSurgeon

yes you can

the band strut sits in a notch in the servo arm; tension of the band will hold it in place

Reply to
TranSurgeon

That's ok, I forgot about the servo arm. What am I thinking about a c4?

Reply to
Steve Barker

probably....they look similar from upside down and backwards as most of us have seen them.....mechanics normal position....

Reply to
Patrick Gilmore