Ventilation System Troubles

No, I'm not talking about the charcoal cannister, that's emissions. This is some sort of reservoir(they call it a reservoir, but it functions more as an accumulator)in the vacuum lines to provide a steady source of vac. when the engine vac drops. Usually located on a fender apron or in some out of the way corner of the engine compartment. I've worked in a GM shop too long to be able to say exactly what it looks like or where it is, but Ford used to be good about using what looked like a

1 lb coffee can painted black with a hose going to one end of it. GM uses plastic ball-looking things.

-- Old Crow '82 FLTC(P) 92" '87 FLTC '61 F-100 302/C-6 BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, SLOB#13, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Thanks guys.

I found a small check valve behind the battery with a standard sized vac hose going in and two tiny hoses coming out. One of the tiny hoses feeds through the firewall, and the other goes into the right side fender. The plastic hose going into the fender was worn through/broken. I repaired it with section of 1/8" rubber hose.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That was the one I mentioned in my post. Glad you found it and it's all fixed!

-- SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Betcha if you look under the fender you'll find the vac. cannister I was talking about. Great that it was such an easy and cheap fix.

Reply to
Old Crow

Cheap? It broke the bank for all of $0.42. And that bought way more hose than I needed to fix it.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland