Vibration

I asked this question before , tho maybe I didn't state it right I have a 95 Ford aerostar with a 3.0 and I have bad vibration... now this vehicle vibrates when you go to start the dang thing it vibrates when you go to accelerate it tho it does better after it goes through the gears its preety constant even vibrates at engine speed and very noticable at the steering wheel and when you take off hear it at the tailpipe ugh..

anyway I have replace the engine mounts and the tranny mounts with no good results .. the engine does have a slight miss but the engine doesn't vibrate that much when you look at it .. but you sure can feel it..

I replace the engine mounts when I first got the van .. but when I started it up the engine didn't have any movement , but boy that steering wheel sure did I could of made a milkshake it was vibrating so badly That don't make no sense to me a engine that don't move yet a steering wheel that does .. not to mention shake the whole dang van .. ok I am open to suggestions?

Chris

P.s and I did change out the sparkplugs so it does run better for those of you that read my other post .

Reply to
Wolfie 31

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:51:09 -0400, Wolfie 31 rearranged some electrons to form:

I think you answered your own question. Track down the cause of the "miss" and your problems will be over.

Reply to
David M

find the miss I'd bet on the plug wires or firing order. I remember an 85

5.0 that came in with a slight miss and vibration under load. one of the line mechanics pulled each wire and did and ohm test then replace all the plugs still couldn't find the problem..after two days in the shop the service manager walked over and pulled all the wires off the car and told the mechanic to clean the ends and reinstall. well two of the wire didn't fit back in the same witness marks on the wire holders it seems they were crossed. it didn't back fire. just missed. well when the wires were properly installed the car ran better than ever (according to the customer) it seems the wires were crossed since new....
Reply to
walt peifer