What is Hot?

I am going to ask an open ended question. Assuming you are starting with a stock 1960 Ford F100 what is the "hotest engine" you can stick in this truck?

Assume stock engine and no major body or chassis changes.

Is it a Ford 460 or will other higher HP engines fit?

Ivan

Reply to
ivanogburn

Fit or fit as easily? The 460 can be built to the point your frame won't hold it. For low bucks you can not beat a 460.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Depends on your preference, really. You can build a "hot" 289.

My personal favorite is the 429.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Explain why a 429 is your choice over a 460, please.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I grew up around hot, hot, hot jet boats on a lake nearby in the drag race culture of the early to mid '70s. The 429 was the motor of choice for my dad, uncle, and others who regularly drag raced. Something about the 429 heads, and having a shorter stroke than the 460. I don't remember one ever blowing up, unless it was sunk. So, when I built my first "hot" engine at 12 years old, (with my dads help) there were tons of 429's and parts lying around. Not scientific or anything, just personal preference. Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Blown 502 Chev.

Reply to