where to buy parts?

OK, I am a complete noob to Ford trucks, and indeed to Fords in general, unless you count a '76 Pinto that my mom used to have... where do I buy parts for this beast? I figured being a F-150 (that is a fairly popular model, yes?) I would have no problem? I need just a few items.

1) coolant reservoir/washer fluid reservoir. It's come loose from its bracket and is slopping out coolant.

2) cable for driver's side seatback release

3) would like some new dash vent grilles (three are busted.)

Called dealership this AM. 1) is a hair under $50, extortionate for a piece of plastic but oh well (I'll probably zip tie the old one in place) 2) is discontinued, and for 3) the guy said I need to buy a whole dashboard. So where do people go to buy parts for their trucks? The nearest good junkyard to me is about 50 miles away. I figured that my frustration at not being able to find parts for my Porsche was just because it was a low production German car, but I'm already dealing with the exact same issues? Is there a good online Ford-centric retailer? I know for the older pickups there's a lot of aftermarket support, but this is a '93. Or do I just patch it up for now, wait for it to get old and then go to the restoration guys?

thanks,

nate

Reply to
N8N

Junkyard. Find a comparable vehicle at the junkyard and get the parts.

Reply to
I. Care

you didn't say what year, but you might try LMC truck.

Steve Barker

You'd be surprised to see what you can find on eBay Motors... just do a search under Parts & Accessories for your truck and see what pops up.

Reply to
Dzlman95

A little bending of the two brackets that hold the tanks 'V' supports towards each other will fix that. Someone has pushed down so hard on the tank that it opened the brackets ( kinda bent them backwards) to where the gap is just to far grasp the V in the plastic tank. Junker yard for the seat cable and vent fins.

Reply to
samstone

It's a '93. I figured that was too new but whaddaya know, they have a catalog. Cool! Like I said in my other post, I live in northern VA where property values are so high there's no good junkyards anywhere handy, so alternate sources of parts are a Good Thing. I'll be ordering a catalog right away.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel