1984 Olds Toronado 350 FWD

I have a problem with this car, when I press the brake the parking lights come one too, and when the parking lights are on, if I turn on the left turn signal, the hazards come on, it works fine on the right side, I also have been blowing a fuse maybe once a month, I cant figure out and problems, any suggestions

Reply to
abomb6900

Geoff Welsh

I have checked all the wires within the steering clum harness and they are all in good shape

Reply to
abomb6900

I had a similar problem in my 81 El Camino,

the problem was a bitch to find, turned out, it was a shorted marker light bulb socket. This puppy defied any realistic test, pull the light switch, got power, signal for turn, got power. when I cut the wires, the problem dissappeared, a new socket fixed it. The socket looked ok, but was smashed, and shorted . A shorted socket allowed left turn signal impulses to travel through entire running light circut, causing all lights to blink.

Reply to
451 CTDS

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Check to make sure all the bulbs are the correct ones. H

Reply to
Hairy

Sounds like a logical explanation, I will check that out

Reply to
abomb6900