1990 Chevrolet 350 van with TBI

Hello.A neighbor has a 1990 Chevrolet RV van for sale.I am interested in buying the van.He wants $1,100 for the van, the van is in good condition.The van has a 350 cubic inch engine and about 90,000 miles on it.He said he put a new fuel pump on the van and sprayed some carburetor cleaner through the throttle body.I think he said he also installed a new set of spark plugs.The passenger side door power window doesn't work either.A problem he has been having and is still having with the van is the engine stops running at red lights and when he stops at stop signs.Can anyone tell me how to get the van's engine running properly, so I can tell him? Thanks for any info. osayy

Reply to
osayy

Does it just restart after stalling? Does he need to let it cool down first? Does it slowly crap out and die, or is it like someone shut the key off? It is a TBI system that requires relatively low fuel pressure to run, try running it with the cover off until it dies and determine what it's losing, spark, fuel, injector pulse. If it stalls and takes some time to restart, try a shot of accelerant(starter fluid/carb cleaner) down the throat and see if it fires. The possibilities are numerous, try and provide some more symptoms.

Reply to
squid