1991 S15 Jimmy dash question

Sorry for an incredibly stupid question, but I need to replace the blower switch in my 1991 S15 Jimmy. The Chilton's manual I have makes no mention of how to remove the trim piece that houses the AC controls (that is, the vertical rectangle to the right of the instrument cluster). It looks like it's supposed to pop off, but it's going to take a lot of force to do that. No screws are visible anywhere in the vicinity.

Do I just muscle this thing out, or have a I missed something? It's looking like more force = buying some more new parts when the plastic breaks.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Reply to
Jonathan Ward

Should be screws that go into the cover pieces from below. If yours has remote mirrors and rear window defrost the screws are hidden behind the trim on those controls. Those come off with the screws holding them.

Reply to
Steve W.

Steve's right, the screws are on the bottom. There isn't a lot of slack on those wires, vacuum lines, and cable so expect a bit of a struggle.

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Many thanks, gentlemen. Dead-on advice. Nice to have AC again!

Reply to
Jonathan Ward