Removing Dash Trim on '88 F150

I am trying to remove the clear plastic over the instrument cluster on my '88 F150. There is a trim ring around the instrument cluster with two screws in the top.

I removed those screws but there are aparently some sort of clips at the bottom of the trim ring (either side of the steering column) holding it on. I'm afraid to force it off without knowing how to do it without breaking it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
noone

i have a 86 that i completely disassembled (and a 84 i parted out for "stuff") the dash. if i recall, there are THREE screws in the top (left,center,right) and if you can get the panel off but just hangin on the column, you need to bend it just a lil bit to get it to work (i did this with the 84 first, so I was sure it wouldn't break)

getting it back in was was soo much fun, like going to the dentist when he is outa novacaine (ok, not *that* bad)

hope this helps with your 88

Reply to
tater schuld