1993 Buick Park Avenue Fan Blower Stays on all the time

Recently encountered this situation with my wife's car - 93 Park Avenue Ultra The fan blower motor will not shut off - stays on high fan - the only way to shut it off is to disconnect the electrical lead going to the fan or to disconnect the battery. I've even removed the control unit in the dash (electronic - temperature sensing and control) and the fan still stays on. The manual that I have at the moment does not even have a wiring diagram for this section of the auto. Any suggestions - either which manual to get or what to look for/replace? Thanks

Reply to
Peter B.

Dave J and Lynne J Shepherd

My 94 SSEi did the exact same thing. I kept looking and finally was tracing the wires from the blower module. Found that when I moved the wires just to the left of the relays under the cowl, the motor would stop blowing, and I had control over the fan speed again. I don't drive this car very often and now the battery still discharges even though the fan is not running. Don't know if the battery problem is related yet.

Reply to
buickman

Thanks, I'll look into that - and hope that it's not too expensive to replace. Fortunately, one of the local salvage yards has a few of these there....

Reply to
Peter B.