The 3800 V6 - What vehicles did it come in?

A family member is looking to purchase a used, older vehicle with about $3000 or less. I suggested a Buick Park Avenue, Pontiac Bonneville, or the like due to the fact that came with the great 3800 engine.

I know many other vehicles came with this engine, but which? Does anyone have a list or a web resource that shows what vehicles from about 1987ish -

1993ish that came with the 3800 V6 engine?

Thanks,

-Steve

Reply to
Steve Reinis

Dave J and Lynne J Shepherd

Pontiac Grand Prix, possilby chevy lumina/monte carlo....at least a couple chevy camaros/pontiac firebirds

87 to 93 the 3800 was standard in the 88, 98, Le Sabre, Park Avenue, Bonneville.

91 Riviera had the 3800

91 Toronado had the 3800, but not sure about the 87, can't remember when the Toro was shrunk down.

Optional - in 91 the Regal was the only car of its size to offer the

3800.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face
86-87 Toronado's had the "231" and 88-92 had the 3800

Reply to
turismo

I had a 91 Buick LeSabre Limited with the 3.8L, it was a great car. My previous Blazer was stolen so had to quickly get a replacement vehicle. A LeSabre was not really on my list of desired vehicles, but it was slim pickens. After putting on some wide(r) tires and tinting the windows the dark blue LeSabre became a great looking vehicle - and I ended up really liking that car. Oh, and the engine performed nicely other than an oil pan gasket leak that developed after switching to synthetic (same kind of leak happened (along with a rear main seal oil leak) on my 00 3.8L Grand Prix after switching to synthetic). Wasn't that 3.8L engine listed as one of the top 10 best?

Reply to
Markeau

The Buick Reatta had the 3800 V6 - you can get them used for under $3000 and they're nice little 2-seaters with leather seats..=)

Reply to
dantm4