2000 Impala Computer glitch?

Ok..co-worker has a 2000 Impala with the 3.8. She said it has recently (while driving) momentarily turned on all the dash lights (ABS, Batt..etc) and temporarily reset the odometer to zero. After pulling the lump from her throat, and getting off the road, everything went back to normal before she actually got to a stop.

Car ran fine and never skipped a beat. All happend within a 5-10 second span.

Car runs fine now, but she wants to know if there has been some code tripped or some other computer glitch that may cause problems down the road.

I'll have the car at the house tomorrow to service the tranny. Not that that has anything to do with the above problem, but I can look at some things while it is here.

Anyone in GM cyberland got an idea on this???

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman

Start by listing all of the diagnostic codes that are present.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Is this the same "self test" routine the dash cluster goes through for a couple of seconds each time the vehicle is started??

If so, I'd be looking for flakey power or ground connections to the cluster and/or PCM (assuming no codes are stored, of course).

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Bad ignition switch? Been known to cause similar conditions.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

May be a bad connection under the dash caused when the brake booster was recently replaced. gave everything the once over and made sure all was secure. Will post if it did not fix

Thanks all

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman