`00-`04 Outback Radio Antenna

Hello all,

One thing I have noticed since purchasing my `01 Outback is that because the antenna is stuck to the left rear cargo window, reception of distant radio stations is much poorer compared to my mom's `95 Legacy L which has the metal antenna that slides down into the car frame and can be extended as one wishes. For example I like listening to DC101 (100.1FM) out of Washington DC when driving, being I am in the mountains 3 hours away it's expected that reception is going to be spotty. However in my mom's Legacy I have little problem getting nearly perfect reception of this station while driving in most places here in the mountains. But when driving my `01 Outback, I notice that places my mom gets great reception, I get very degraded reception.

My question is, can I get some sort of external antenna to compliment the current antenna that can be installed directly into the head unit/radio?

Bradley

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Is the antenna the only difference in radio installation between the two cars?

Reply to
John Rethorst

Know what you mean , window antennas are not as good as the old whip...Try this, tie off a length of small insulated wire, on the right front luggage rack, extend it back to the left rear luggage rack, tie it off, then drop a short length of wire down to the window..attach a paper clip to the bared end of the wire, and connect to a piece of aluminum foil , 2 to 3 inches wide, coat one side of the foil with rubber cement, attach to window, side to side...and let me know how this works for you...have used the same set-up in a Jeep, and intend to do the 06 Forester next..TIA Gene

Reply to
Gene

Are the radios the same?

Reply to