2000 Safari cargo rear door check link

Since I use the Safari as a work van, I've worn out the check links and check link brackets (as the GM factory manual calls it). I've checked a few online parts places, notably RockAuto, and even emailed them, but can't seem to find any, and the email response was they didn't know what I was referring to.

I don't have clue what else to call them, it's the parts that stop the door from finging open and also hold the door at a 90 degree angle. Anyone have a suggestion for getting these parts, save from going to a dealer?

Reply to
Paul

You might not be too shocked by the dealer price for these items. I've been pleasantly surprised by the reasonable cost of a few things I bought from a local GM dealer. Not only that I got next day delivery for stuff they didn't have on hand.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Agreed. I find my local Chevy dealer to provide most GM parts at competitive prices. Even if you don't get the kind of discount I do you may still be quite surprised at what you can get from the dealer.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Have you tried a salvage yard? Not everyone uses the rear door as much as you do.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Guess I'll have to go that route. Wish my dealer was friendier than yours seems to be. I get charged roughly double for the same item from RockAuto. It's actually more convienent for me just to order what I need online, though.

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
Paul

I buy a lot of GM parts through my local Chevy dealer. I get very good pricing from them. Even with that in mind, I'm often surprised at what the retail price is for people that just walk up. You are correct to a point though - dealers can charge whatever they really want to - or better stated, they can discount as little or as much as they want to. Finding a dealer that will cut you a deal is a worthwhile endeavor.

Reply to
Mike Marlow