2002 Century, terrible rear brake squeal

Hi,

2002 Century, 55000 km, tech says rear brakes are "like new" The rear brakes squeal so badly I feel like I have to wear a paper bag over my head so people don't recognize me :) The GM dealership "cleaned" the rear brakes, now the squeal is worse. Please help. Thanks Dave
Reply to
Dave Dvorak

Shep

I found this to be caused by cheap pads as well. NAPA pads are the worst for squeeling from day one. My wife had a set on her Honda and they squeeled like crazy. I did everything imaginable to stop them from squeeling, didn't work. The only cure was to replace them with non-NAPA pads.

I put NAPA pads on my car recently. They were fine for about two months, then the squeeling started. That was the point I realized NAPA pads suck.

But I would stick with Shep's idea if you are sure there isn't NAPA pads on your car.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Reply to
Shep

Let me see......yup, rear drum. I have never heard drums squeel before.

Reply to
Steve Mackie