2003 Impala Tire wear

2003 Impala with 45,000 miles. Just replaced front brakes, rotors and tires from normal wear. Still was getting a vibration while stopping in the pedal so I checked the back and sure enough they are worn out also. The question is the back tires both on the inside have a feathering going on. These tires have been on the car since we got it with 15,000 miles so I assume they are the original and look perfect except the inside ring. What would cause this any idea? They were never rotated and the car drives perfect.
Reply to
NY99XLT

Shep

As a fellow W car owner, I also have the inside rear tire wear described in the initial post. Initially, the wear was due to worn out rear springs. I have since changed them and the tires. A month or so later I made a 2000 km trip with quite the load in the car. Once I got to my destination I noticed the rear tires were wearing on the inside again, obviously from the increased camber caused by the heavy load.

So, on to my opinion, and that's all it is: If those 45,000miles were put on with adults in the back and/or load in the trunk most of the time, then it seems like normal wear. You could check the ride height front and back at the jacking points to see if the rear end is sagging at all (I believe the heights should be the same).

And as always, check what Shep says too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

30,000 miles and no rotation of the tires? You only have yourself to blame for any wierd wear on the tires.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Also if they were the original stock tires then they were crap. Ours came with uniroyal tiger paws which didn't last to 20k

Reply to
Eugene Nine