2005 Chevy 1500 PU reset engine hours meter by itself...

Got a wierd one here.....

I drive a 2005 Chevy 1500 PU for work every day. Last week, sometime, the electronic engine hours meter in the driver's information center reset itself to zero hours. This vehicle has well over 48K on the odometer, and the hours meter was well into the 1000-2000 hour range. Anyone else ever run into this? Is this resetting normal? I would suspect not, as it sort of defeats the whole purpose of an hours meter. What's next, the odometer? If that's the case, then used car dealers will love these trucks....

The only thing unusual that happened that I can think of is this. One morning, I started it and backed out of the driveway, just like I do every day. I drove about 1/2 a block before I noticed that the battery-shaped charge/discharge indicator was lit up. The engine seemed to be running fine, and the volt meter was still in the +12 to

+15 range. When I came to a stop at the next stop sign I shifted to park, shut off, and then restarted the engine. All the instrument lights did their normal on-off engine starting routine, and have worked properly ever since (I think/hope!). Anyway, the truck runs fine.

Any ideas?

Not Dead Yet

Reply to
NotDeadYet