2005 Grand Am / Cavalier to get new names.

Chicago Tribune article 6/26/03

Chevrolet confirms that its new small car will be called COBALT when it replaces the Cavalier for the 2005 model year. Chevy chose the Cobalt name because of it association with power and strength.

Pontiac also says it will change the name of the Grand Am in 2005 but will not say to what.

Reply to
Harry Face

They are not merely name changes. The cars are new, as well.

mike hunt

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

Well gm is changing a lot of things actually.... like the s10 is gonna be a colorado i think or its the sonoma one.... so like the grand am and cavalier arent gonna be the only ones to change......

Reply to
Heath Darwin

I vote for Grand Poobah!

Reply to
Rob G

I wonder if/when the Solstice will appear. That is a car that GM needs to get to the dealer lots to compete with the small import sport coupes.

Reply to
Rob G

Whatever happened to that SSR? There's a vehicle whose time came and went.

Reply to
LIBear

It wasnt the least bit pratical and the prototype was like 5000 pounds. I dunno what the price of the ssr was going to be but I'm pretty sure end the end you could of had a 3/4 ton 4x4 for the same price.

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

It's out this fall.

Reply to