2005 Malibu LS V6 - AM/FM/SingleCD Unit

How easy it it to get into the center console to remove this unit? Thinking about having my dealer install the AM/FM/CASSETTE/Single CD(not in color brochure but exists because it's in the driver's owner's manual).

Thanks for any/all inputs,

-ChrisCoaster

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

"ChrisCoaster" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

If you want to save a ton of money, I'd do it myself. You can buy the unit off ebay for cheap, well cheaper than the dealer would charge. And GM puts the same radios across their entire lineup, so finding one should be easy. Unless the Malibu uses a weird, one off design. Then swapping the units is probably just the matter of a few screws. The new radio will plug right into the existing wiring, just like the current radio does. You might need a service manual (like Haynes or Chilton's) to figure out how to do it. Even if you can't find a used radio unit, you could always buy from the dealer and then install yourself, to save money.

Reply to
grappletech

But make sure the one you bought has the VIN cleared from it.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

-- Paul Michaels Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Paul Michaels