'92 Cavalier heater core cover removal

Howdy folks..... :-)

'92 Cavalier, 2.2, air conditioning, station wagon. Heavy coolent leak from heater core floor drain. Having read previous posts concerning this kind of problem, I am hoping it's just the plastic fitting that's gone but am unable to ascertain what's going on due to my inability to get the ruddy heater core cover off!

I've removed 7 hex screws from the cover but the rascal won't budge. My repair book (Haynes) doesn't have any diagrams or sufficient info on this topic. Removed the floor heating coupling too.

Do the engine compartment heater lines need to be uncoupled before heater core cover removal?

Haynes mentions "clips to be removed".....can't see any though.

Any kind of sealant between the cover and the core, that needs some gentle screwdriver prying to open the rascal?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks..... :-)

Reply to
Lawrence Lucier

Dave J and Lynne J Shepherd