95 Buick lesabre occasionally dies

Hi,

I have a 95 buick lesabre (170k). The car runs great, but lately it occasionally dies. The engine just stops. It doesn't start to run rough or anything, just stops running. It always start right back up on the first crank. I can't find a pattern. It may run fine for 2 days, then die 4 times on the 10 mile drive to work. My mechanice replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensor. He said it was throwing the codes for that. He said the little magnet on the flywheel was intact.

Any thoughts on what may be going on?

thanks chad

Reply to
chad

Chad, you should check your ignition module. I had two different Buicks with V6 and no distributor and the symptoms sound very similar to the Ign. module crapped out.

Reply to
GMdriver

Mine was a Chevette. The ignition pickup coil in the distributer, the two little teeny white wires had rubbed through. It would short out once in an odd moment. Frustrating.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is there anyway to test if the ignition module is bad? Or is it a replace only?

thanks for the help chad

Reply to
chad

Another probably unrelated thing is the Outside air temperature display starts flashing when I start the car. It will flash for about 2 minutes then start to work normally.

thanks chad

Reply to
chad

Some auto parts stores have testers. I believe you have to pull the module and bring it in.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Think about it...if it only happens occasionally, then you might not find the fault at all with a tester. Intermittent electrical faults can be a bitch to locate, and sometime substitution is the only answer.

Reply to
<HLS