95 LeSabre parking brake

The parking brake on my 95 LeSabre is the type that you press once to brake and press again to release. It doesn't stay down; there is something wrong with the mechanism. Any one had this problem? And have a solution? I want to remove it to see what's wrong, but the repair manual I have doesn't say anything about that. Is it difficult to remove?

Tony

Reply to
Alpha One

It may just be a bit rusty and hanging up. BTDT with my Eldo. Try spraying it with something like WD-40 and see if that helps before you tear it down. FWIW YMMV

Reply to
NickySantoro