97 Blazer shuts off

97 Blazer 2 door, 4.3, 4 spd auto, manual windows, a/c, am/fm/cass radio.

Several times now, the truck has just shut off while driving. Low speed, high speed, I can't correlate it to hitting a bump or something I do.

It always cranks normally and starts back up. One time I saw the voltmer go full left just before it quit; yet the a/c cab b lower and radio kept operating.

If the key is turned slowly (with the truck off) first the blower/radio turn on, then a "click", and the gauges operate/ all the idiot lights come on briefly.

Battery has been load-tested, cables there checked and cleaned. Possibly that's still suspect. I know there are relays under the hood near the firewall, and a couple in the glove box.

Any ideas or thoughts, before this strands me? I hate intermittents!

Reply to
Miller

Ignition switch. Very common failure.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep