97 Jimmy Check Enigine code 0446

Help!

Anyone know where the evap canister is on a 97 Jimmy (4.3 vortec)?? I keep getting code 0446 (evap vent control malfunction) I replaced the gas cap and the evap solenoid, still getting the code.

But I can't find the evap canister to check the hoses, the hose on the solenoid runs down behind the center of the engine.

Thanks!

Reply to
Brian Jacques

Bobo

Well, the canister vent solenoid is around the crossmember area of the fuel tank, so I'm guessing the canister is back there with it. That solenoid valve is the one the code's complaining about, not the purge solenoid in the engine compartment..

Reply to
Robert Hancock