98 cavalier blower motor help?

I have a 98 cavalier z-24 with a/c. The blower motor does not turn on on the lowest 2 settings. On the 2 highest settings it works fine. Is this a problem with the blower motor or the heater controls? any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Seth Partaka
98 cavalier blower motor help? Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Sun, Jan 4, 2004, 11:52am (CST+1) From: tymak snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Seth=A0Partaka) I have a 98 cavalier z-24 with a/c. The blower motor does not turn on on the lowest 2 settings. On the 2 highest settings it works fine. Is this a problem with the blower motor or the heater controls? any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There are a number of threds in alot of groups concerning GM cars and trucks....The problem is your blower resistor/module dpending on where your from depends on what you call it....Anyways its located under the dash near the blower motor....It has a electrical connection that runsto our motor...Its held in by 3 5.5mm screws ...Which 2 of them are a pain to remove once you get it out you only need to put the 2 easiest ones back in...This will cause no problems ......Pull the resistor down you will notice it has a green coating on it ...If the coating which more than likely will be discolored(like its burn) or the coating will be peeling off......Replace it and your problems are solved......This is as common as not getting along with your inlaws...... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook