98 Safari No air through Vents, only Defrost works

Hi,

I just recently purchased a 1998 Safari and it doesn't blow any air through the vents (with or without thr A/C). I can hear the fan(??) Only air gets through when I use the defrost mode. Could this be blockage? Fuse? Fan Blower motor? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
JAWS1967

So is it always blowing through the defrost no matter what position the dial is in, or it only blows when the dial is on defrost?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Replace all of the vac hoses under the hot doghouse............

Reply to
Tim Thomson

Air only blows through the defrost vents. If I choose feet vents....it only blows through the defrost vents... Could it be vacuum hoses and is so do I need to take apart the whole dash...or just the "doghouse"?

Thx

Reply to
JAWS1967

Check the vacuum line coming from the intake. It will be labeled "Accessories" on the emmision vacuum diagram.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Dog house. Easy job took me about twenty mins on my 94 Safari. The lines become brittle and perforated from the heat. Use a knife to cut the old ones off where they connect to the small plastic pieces or you will break them. After all of the lines are changed you will notice a smoother idle as well.

A easy way to test it after is to find a big hill put the blower on the vents and floor it....after about 45 seconds if it goes back to the defrost vent you still have a line leak.

Reply to
Tim Thomson