99 Express Transmission change tips wanted

Hi, I'm installing a new trans on a 99 Express and was wondering if there are any tips/suggestions out there on things to look out for or any tricks to making it a tad easier. This is my first time for a trans swap, but my uncle is helping me and he's done a few. We're having trouble specifically with the wiring clips on the driver side - they just don't want to come out. Any tips?

Thanks! Tom

Reply to
Elliot Foods, Inc.

BTW, the transmission is a 4L60E.

Thanks! Tom

"Elliot Foods, >

Reply to
Elliot Foods, Inc.

You are running into a common problem. The two connectors that go into the big switch that sits on top of the shift shaft often overheat, the plastic inside the connectors melts and glues everything together. Basically, what you have to do is destroy the switch to get it off and then you can get a kit from GM to splice in new harness connectors to connect to the new switch that you'll have to buy.

I've done quite a number of these....not a big deal, but expensive for the customer.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai