99 GMC starts then dies.

I have a '99 GMC pickup with the 5.3 Vortec that has an intermittent starting problem. The engine will not restart under various conditions. After long crank times and jump starting the engine will start. On other occasions the engine will restart and then die as soon as the ignition switch is returned to the run position. I have ruled out the fuel pumps and the relay. There are no diagnostic codes that are tripping the MIL lamp. I don't have any way of retrieving the codes from an OBD2 system. The only item that I inspected that seemed to resolve the start/die problem was the airflow sensor. After inspecting the airflow sensor the engine started and continued to run. This may have just been a coincidence as I didn't find anything noticeable problem with the sensor. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Dale Greep snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com

Reply to
Chris

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----