adding keyless entry '04 Blazer

I just got an 04 Blazer with almost all of the goodies.... except it was a rental unit, with no keyless entry. No RCDLR (receiver) installed, just the wiring harness plug for it. If I get a receiver and key fobs (and program the receiver for the key fobs), do I have to use a tech 2 scan tool to tell the BCM that it has keyless entry??? I am assuming that I would need to since the class 2 modules send a SOH every 2 seconds, the BCM probably needs to be told the vehicle is so equipped. Or will it just learn when it hears the RCDLR on the data buss and unlock the doors when the command is on the buss??? Ya gotta love all of the wiz bang stuff on the newer vehicles!!! Thanks for any insight, the sevice manual is somewhat vague.

Reply to
randy

Sorry, I cannot answer your question, but I want to pose a question of my own.

Is anyone familiar enough with the factory keyless entry hardware to be able to tell me where the receiving antenna is? My '99 4-door has terrible keyfob reception range. Even with new batteries in the keyfobs I have to be within 8 feet of the car.. I would really like to reorient or possibly even relocate the antenna to improve reception range.

Not Dead Yet

Reply to
NotDeadYet

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:47:51 GMT, NotDeadYet terrible keyfob reception range. Even with new batteries in the

The antenna is "self contained" within the RCDLR which on the '03 and '04 is located (or in my case would be located) on the top side of the insulating panel directly above the driver's left foot, toword the front of the car (behind) the data link connector.

Reply to
randy

Same location as on a 2000 S-10, so a 99 is there as well.

Reply to
Mike Levy