Ford Keyless Entry Offer

Did any of you receive an offer from Ford for them to add Keyless Entry to your car? I got one of those fliers that advertizes all the maintenance specials, etc, of a local dealer. One of the interesting items was the addition of keyless entry the'll install for something like $150.

The thing that made me think was that they stated that it required no cutting or drilling. Does that mean that the keyless entry would simply be a keypad that sticks to the door and works in conjunction with the existing remote entry system, ie key fobs? If so, I'd imagine an aftermarket system would be available and inexpensive.

Anyone know?

CJ

Reply to
CJB

I would think it would be for key fobs for someone that doesn't have a keyless entry system already. It may just require plugging a module into a wiring harness. I'd imagine the keypad might require more work getting it wired up (especially because most newer cars aren't available with keypads, but can be factory equipped with fobs). I certainly wouldn't pay $150 for a keypad.

Reply to
Bill 2

I don't think so. I'm 99% positive that they were referring to the keyless keypad type setup. Of course, advertizing hype being what it is...

CJ

Reply to
CJB
< >

Call 'em up and ask 'em! They should be able to tell you exactly what they're promoting. If not, then you don't need it. Tom F.

Reply to
Tom F.

It is a keypad that attaches with double sided tape. It will only work with vehicles with remote keyless entry, and is programmed like a remote keyfob. I bought one from a friendly Ford dealer for much less than the $150 retail price, and installed it myself in about five minutes. It works great, I now keep my extra set of keys inside the truck.

Reply to
rmac

I figured that's what it is. You mind telling me what it cost?

CJ

Reply to
CJB

In the USA it's $130-140 including tax. VERY expensive keypad.

Reply to
Rapid Rick

not really.

Reply to