Answering Your Questions About the Chevy Volt

I think you'll always need a gas engine for A/C. A few HP will do it. Not too complicated, and pretty efficient. Might do double duty as a gas heater or that would be separate. Had a gas heater in one of my old air-cooled Bugs. Those sucked quite a bit of gas. And you felt like you had a ready bomb in front of you. Bigger problem for cold climates than warm I think. Looked at a Prius forum and the Canadians said to dress warmly when it gets bitter. One fellow insulated his doors. Seems they would have thought of that. With my Bug that didn't have the gas heater, I put 6" batt insulation on all the floors - and it made a big difference. Still had to scrape ice from the window insides though. And always bundle up. One of realities of efficiency is less waste heat to use.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

But Toyota has 3 big advantages over GM.

1) They were not that much in debt for past screw ups as GM was. 2) They pay their bills and have a better reputation. 3) Loses of Toyota are pale by comparison to GM whish is the biggest automotive loser in the WORLD!

And GM, they just keep > You forgot to mention Toyota, it to has been losing money as well for over a

Reply to
Canuck57

Years ago I had a VW 412 Wagon that came with a gas heater. The heater fired a glow plug that ignited the gas. It made a tick-tick-tick sound each time it fired. I remember thinking it was like a ticking time bomb LOL. It did work quite well to heat the car ... until the heater box rusted out

Reply to
JimG

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Man, dont even reply to this khunt. He is the sourest of the trolls.

Reply to
hls

But, but, but you forget to mention that Toyota has been subsides by the Jap government ever since WWII

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Agreed. Looks like he wants to by my pet rat.

Reply to
Canuck57

But you forgot to mention GM and Ford built the Lufwaffe and wanted war reparation damages from the US government that bombed the plants to rubble.

GM isn't new to selling out Americans and picking the taxpayers pockets.

Reply to
Canuck57

In other words you have not problem with the Japs robbing the American taxpayers by taking all of the profit earned in the US, back to Japan to help their workers and manufactures since WWII, you only have a problem with American taxpayers helping American Manufactures and American workers to keep their jobs, right? You are king of the loonies in this NG LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

CAW and UAW supported saddling more debt for me to pay, basically selling out fellow citizens. I do not agree with the lack of respect to others by supporting the taxation system for the corrupt corporations of America.

So why should I give a rats dead ass about traitors to us as fellow citizens? If they can't respect my right to financial liberty from corporate corrupt GM tax, then sorry, I really don't care what happens to them.

In fact, it is why I will not every buy or rent a GM/Chrysler/GMAC/CAW/UAW/Carlyle/Cerberus vehicle or servce again. I do not wish to support the selfish bastards.

Reply to
Canuck57

Calling someone a Loon is funny coming from you. A lot of Americans (remember them Mikey?) have *jobs* courtesy of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. So if Americans don't work for bailout heroin shooting employers they should be taken down? Shame on the likes of you Mikey. But what would you know of shame?

Reply to
Jim Higgins

In other words you have not problem with the Japs robbing the American taxpayers by taking all of the profit earned in the US, back to Japan to help their workers and manufactures since WWII, you only have a problem with American taxpayers helping American Manufactures and American workers to keep their jobs, right? You are king of the loonies in this NG LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That abysmal title, King of the Loonies, falls to Mikey. A pity the likes of you decrie Americans having jobs at Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. You really, really must hate Americans Mikey-your Bad.

Reply to
Jim Higgins