Anti Syphon

Do the newer cars have anything in the filler neck to discourage syphoning gas? Seems to me some years ago they did, but not sure about now. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

Paul,

Yep, most of the new cars and trucks do. Some are in the filler neck

- in others they use baffels in the tank.

THE big thing in this area lately with the high gas prices and the anti-siphoning devices is for the thiefs to drill a hole in the gas tank and drain it. The local newspaper (Sacramento Bee) had a Sect. 2 Page 1 article about it earlier this week.

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

"Paul O." wrote:

Reply to
William H. Bowen

The way most fuel tanks are forward of the rear axle, under the rear seat, the way the fuel filler tube runs makes it a bear to fish a siphon hose down the tank. That's why it's hard to siphon fuel out today. No factory is gonna spend extra money on a anti siphon valve in the tank filler.

Reply to
Repairman

It's not a new phenomenon. They "drill" the hole with a screwdriver or an awl. It was done when gas was only 18=A2. Trust me, you'd rather provide a hose and a syphon pump for them.

Reply to
Al Bundy

It's not a new phenomenon. They "drill" the hole with a screwdriver or an awl. It was done when gas was only 18¢. Trust me, you'd rather provide a hose and a syphon pump for them.

Isnt this the truth, it would be less expensive than replacing the tank.

Reply to
Adam

Most of them already have.

Reply to
Steve W.

"Paul O." wrote in news:3899g.25395$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

all later models have an 'anti- spill' valve inside the tank at the filler neck........gov. mandated to stop the fuel from pouring out on rollovers. they leak alittle when inverted but much less than dumping full tank in crash..........makes siphoning difficult but not impossible.........

Reply to
KjunRaven

So....what do you repair? It can't be cars.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai