auto zone price

I picked up a thermostat for my daughters 98 GMC Jimmy on Sunday at Auto Zone in my home town. Next door to this zone is an Advance Auto. The cost of this was $6.99. One of the guys that works there has been very helpful to me and I asked if we was still there having not seen him in a while. They said he is transferred to another store that is 12 miles north. Both these are in communities with population under 7000.

Today one day later I went to his other town to visit my dentist. On the way home I stopped at this auto zone. I figured I would say hi to this guy and congrat him and pick up a thermostat for my 98 GMC Jimmy. Same car same year, same engine, same thermostat. Price was $9.99 till I bitched then it was price matched for another zone of $6.99. Call around get the best price even from the same supply store and save.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Isn't it a shame that we have to be so vigilant--with prices already high enough? Similar to years ago, I went to a local surgeon with 2 toenail problems. Chg'd me $25 to surgically remove one. Back a couple of weeks later, did same to the 2nd one; desk clerk noticed my BC-BS ins card this trip & asked for the 2nd just-delivered $25 invoice back. Zeroxed my ins. card & said I owed them only $20--they billed BC-BS an additional $20. When I asked why the diff. in billing, she said they knew what BC-BS would allow, and so they chg'd them more. I'd think what they should've done was to charge me $5 & charge ins. co. $20! *Two screwin's with one cuttin'* s

Reply to
sdlomi2