Battery or wiring problem

Hi, i have an '03 Saturn Ion, 2 times, it would not start until jumped in last month, the green eye is on in the battery, i had a electrical charging check, who found nothing.

Do I replace the battery for $100, or bring it to the dealer who wants $109 for diagnostics, that is then applied to the fix, IF they find something to fix

thx for your help

Joe Mexico

Get the battery checked for free at a nearby parts store. The battery must be fault-free before it will accept a charge. Also make sure the battery cable terminals are clean and the cables are in good condition.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

At four years, the battery should be in decent shape, but that is a time they will start to go. Most batteries today are in the 5 to 7 year category.

Clean the terminals, clean the connection at the starter. As another poster said, have the battery checked. There are ways of putting a load on the battery to determine performance. Even though it may show the proper voltage, it may not have enough power to turn the starter.

The last place I'd go is the dealer. Start with a place the specializes in batteries if there is one near you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski