Best Year for Impala >2000

I am looking to buy a used Impala. I woul consider anything from 2000 models or newere. In your opionon what year where the best vehicles made? What kind of mileage can you get out of one of these cars? Most of the cars I am looking at have 150K km on them, Should I avoid these?

Reply to
Felcunje

I'm not sure what the best year would be but the best engine is probably the 3.8L V6 because the 3.1 and 3.4 have the coolant leak problem. I have a 2002 with the 3.4L and so far I haven't had any major problems with it. I get a steady 32 to 36 mpg on the highway and 25 to 27 mpg in the city. With high mileage, a lot depends on the level of care the previous owner gave the car and how they drove it. My only problems so far have been a faulty dimmer switch and a bad body control module (both were covered under warranty).

When you look at a car, check the cooling system ver carefully to see if there is a gray sludge in the radiator or the coolant recovery tank. If the sludge is present, that would indicate that the coolant level was not properly maintained and there could be problems later. To prevent sludge formation, the coolant should be kept at the hot level on the tank with the engine cold so that no air enters the system.

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Mon, May 8, 2006, 1:55pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Felcunje) I am looking to buy a used Impala. I woul consider anything from 2000 models or newere. In your opionon what year where the best vehicles made? What kind of mileage can you get out of one of these cars? Most of the cars I am looking at have 150K km on them, Should I avoid these?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~

Reply to
Rich B