Brake rotor recommendation requested

If you bought it from NAPA, and it was made in China, chances are it is okay. Be sure you have it ground (machined, turned) and surfaced properly and that you install it according to best practices.

Chinese stuff isnt always s--t. But you can make crap out of anything.

Reply to
HLS

Take those back. I got made in china ones from napa and put them on and I though I had left a caliper bolt loose and it was hitting a spoke on the wheel they made so much noise when stopping.

Reply to
Eugene

This is 2008 - why in the world are you surprised to see that?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Your experience was an exception

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Not surprised at all. Just disappointed. My very strong preference is to buy American, but that is becoming an exceedingly rare experience in 2008.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Yup - and getting rarer. Now days it seems the big statement is "assembled in North America".

Reply to
Mike Marlow

When it comes to motor vehicles it is easy to find American made vehicles, made with mostly American parts. 80% of the vehicles sold in the US by GM, and 85% in the case of Ford, are made here, as opposed to less than 40% of those with Japanese brand names of the grill, that are only assembled here of mostly import parts.

Do a search of the US Commerce Department site to discover which vehicles are made here and the percentage of American materials and parts, WBMS

Reply to
Mike hunt