Buick 3800 Engine

I need to pass emissions inspection in NJ, the engine puffs smoke when you start it and shows visable smoke very lightly when it runs. The engine has 148K on it. I am only working 2 days a week and I can't afford to have it rebuilt. Any way to stop the smoke for a little while so that I can get it through inspection?

Thanks in advance.....

Reply to
n1jkv

I would try some of that HI Mileage old that they have now, and also take it out and run it hard to get it nice and hot before the test..I have a problem here in pa . with my 93 blazer the Air emmission tester told me to take it out on the interstate and blow it out and get it hot...it always passes. With out doing that the Ox senser doesn't give the proper pulses.

Reply to
Andy & Carol