Buick engine compatibility

Well, here's my situation: I've got an '86 Buick Park Avenue that had its transmission rebuilt only about 400 miles ago. It was involved in a wreck, and the body damage makes it undrivable and far too expensive to repair. I've been trying to sell the thing but have been unsuccessful. I have been considering buying another car and putting the engine and transmission in it, and was told that they are probably compatible with certain other years and GM makes (i.e., Oldsmobile). The engine is a V6 3.8L, the transmission is 4T60 (440T4). Does anyone know the compatibility of these, or know of a source (website) where I could find this out? Any help is appreciated!

P.S. If you live in the North Puget Sound area and would be interested in buying, send a response and I will get in touch with you.

Reply to
Local Car Idiot

transmission

Reply to