Building 350?

Gentlemen:

I'm interested in building a 350 which will have good (doesn't have to be great) perfomance off the line but which will also handle constant speeds in the 90-100 MPH range without problem. I understand there must be some give-and-take with the rearend but am wondering what the best setup would be for the engine and trans. Also, please enlighten me to the best method(s) for having a solid power stroke from say 60MPH to 100MPH (blower, nitrous, etc...). Of course I'd also like to build an engine that will last a good long time. (Is all this even possible?)

Thanks,

Newbie Jack.

Reply to
Jack M. King

Any hints as to the vehicle? Weight? Gearing? Is this for a circle track application? Street? You might get more specifics if you gave us that.

Otherwise, any stock 350 bolted to a go-kart oughta pull pretty good in the 60-100 range. ;)

Ray

Reply to
ray

Actually I do not yet have the vehicle although we're almost certainly looking at a 1979-1988 Camaro. This will be strictly a street machine (no racing) and a interstate cruiser (yes I like to drive fast on the freeway!) I would think the gears would eventually be in the 3:23/3:42 area. Thanks.

Reply to
Jack M. King

YOu can get a crate engine from GM for under 2grand that makes over 200 horse. That would be plenty for ya

Reply to
seeray