Can you name Another car?

This is another car.

Can you tell the make model and year of the car in these pictures?

Please help.

Marcus Tee

Reply to
MarcusTee

Shep

Looks like a 1953 or 1954 Chevrolet convertible (could even be a Deluxe). I think the Deluxe was the forerunner of the Impala because they both used the same logo (my first car was a 1952 Deluxe).

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Thu, Mar 23, 2006, 3:32am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@litb.com (MarcusTee) This is another car. Can you tell the make model and year of the car in these pictures?

Please help. Marcus Tee

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~

Reply to
Rich B

Looks like a '39 Mercury to me.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hey Eddie want to go for a ride in Lumpy's car?

Not sure of the year but I think it was a Ford.

Best episode was when they tried to put a tuba in the trunk - wouldn't fit so they put it in the back seat but had to lower the top. When Lumpy got to school for band practice [ ? ] the top wouldn't go down and he couldn't get the tuba out. hahahaha

You must be in TV Land !

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 36,232 91 Bonneville LE 306,191
Reply to
Harry Face

That looks a lot like a 1936 Ford that I paid $75 for in 1949. Don't I wish I still had it1 Ernie

Reply to
ernie

1940 Ford Deluxe Convertible Coupe. It's missing the fender skirts, but I suspect that is because it has those WHITE wall tires...

The 39 had the swept back grill but no wings into the fenders. The 40 had the winged grill.

Steve W.

1940 Ford Deluxe. The 39 had teardrop tail lights while the 40 went to the chevron style. I'm unsure about the "Deluxe" designation, though. The center grill section itself is the "deluxe" model, but the chromed (versus painted) outer grilles throw me. Maybe they designated a totally different model, or were simply an option? Maybe Lumpy customized it a bit?
Reply to
Squirrel

Yes, it is probably a 1939 or 1940 Ford. I mis-identified it because my browser mis-directed me to the Chevy photos. When I checked on my 'puter, I realized that I was looking at the wrong photos (later, I was only able to pull up the Ford photos in both posts) indicating that there was probably a problem with my server.

Re: Can you name Another car? Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Thu, Mar 23, 2006, 7:47am From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Rich=A0B) Looks like a 1953 or 1954 Chevrolet convertible (could even be a Deluxe). I think the Deluxe was the forerunner of the Impala because they both used the same logo (my first car was a 1952 Deluxe).

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Thu, Mar 23, 2006, 3:32am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@litb.com (MarcusTee) This is another car. Can you tell the make model and year of the car in these pictures?

Please help. Marcus Tee

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~

Reply to
Rich B

Looks like a 1939 Ford to me.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Oops, maybe it's a 1940 Ford

Tom

Reply to
mabar
40 Ford is correct!

Once again you guys sure know your stuff. Thanks

Marcus Tee

Reply to
MarcusTee